Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad disk0:/ (onboard flash) on ASA

Not applicable

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the configuration registry code to force an ASA to boot from the saved configuration on a flash drive? I'm looking for a 0x? solution. Any help would be appreciated!!

2 Replies 2

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

I am unaware of the ability to use the usb flash drive not are there any 0x commands I am aware of.

Closest you can get is the password recovery procedure but even that will not give you exactly what you are asking.

Well, what I'm trying to do is to force it to boot and get its config from disk1:/ which is a small 512MG SANDISK Compact Flash card. Currently the config shows the following:

boot system disk0:/asa722-k8.bin

boot config disk0:/TFTP/10.10.10.40/asa722-k8.bin

I can't change that once I boot because the onboard flash is damanged, so now I have it booting from a TFTP server but I also want to force it to load the config. I guess I should just send them off for RMA huh?

I want to force it to have this config:

boot system disk1:/asa722-k8.bin

boot config disk1:/TFTP/10.10.10.40/asa722-k8.bin

I don't see how though since it won't save any configurations my TFTP workaround is not working :-( Thanks anyway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card