Views
Helpful
Replies

Best IOS on 7.x

gagansethi
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I am looking for advice on the most stable 7.X.x IOS version experiences.

Features i shall be using (Single context, failover, VPN, basic firewalling)

Thanks

Gagan

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gagan

I do not know that I have a general answer but I do have an experience which may help. I installed 7.1.2 at a customer site. We had some problems and I was advised by TAC to upgrade to 7.2.2. We did upgrade to 7.2.2 and it is working much better.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Go to the latest one 7.2.2 has a lot of Bug fixed. We have deployed this for several clients and one of them is pretty complext configuration and running fine with CSC enabled as well.

Hope this helps,

Appreciate your rating,

appreciate your responce.

have you seen any problems with failover, huge object group & access lists when using 7.2.2 ?

Thanks

Gagan

Hello,

Uptill now we didn't face any problems. Moreover, we have complex object groups and rules and things are working fine.

Let me know if you need further clarification,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

Do any of you guys know what the differences are between the 7.2.x and the 7.0.x versions. I know 7.2.x is newer but 7.0.4 came out just a little bit earlier.

There is no major difference in the 7.2. There are some features added in the 7.2 which were not available in the 7.0 version. The main thing is the big list of bugs that has been fixed.

Below you can find a URL that specify everything about the release 7.2(2)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/multisec/asa_sw/v_7_2/rel_note/asarn722.htm#wp123383

Hope this is helpful,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card