Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Best ver for ASA5550?

I see 9.1 ver available but the 9.0.4 is recommended ver? so should I go with that or go to the highest level of IOS?

Also, is it the same IOS for the X series ASA? I have a mixed environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Actually 9.0(3) is the

Actually 9.0(3) is the currently recommend most stable release for the 5550. Other considerations may lead you to choose a newer release or stay on an older one. The release notes are where you should look for details to help you decide.

For the 5500-X series, 9.0(3) or 9.1(2) are recommended. That's primarily to give you a better option with the CX modules.

The binary images are different on the X series - they all use the image with "smp" in the file name to account for their symmetric  multiprocessor CPU.

If you look at the software download page, Cisco has indicated the recommended releases by highlighting them with a star (see on image below).

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Actually 9.0(3) is the

Actually 9.0(3) is the currently recommend most stable release for the 5550. Other considerations may lead you to choose a newer release or stay on an older one. The release notes are where you should look for details to help you decide.

For the 5500-X series, 9.0(3) or 9.1(2) are recommended. That's primarily to give you a better option with the CX modules.

The binary images are different on the X series - they all use the image with "smp" in the file name to account for their symmetric  multiprocessor CPU.

If you look at the software download page, Cisco has indicated the recommended releases by highlighting them with a star (see on image below).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content