cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Botnet database updates

Mike Brooks
Level 1
Level 1

In ASDM under monitoring, Botnet Traffic Filter, Updater Client I noticed the following:

Last update attempted at 16:32:15 EDT Oct 13 2011,

with result:  Failed to read downloaded update file

Next update is in 00:00:00

Database file version is '1317880142' fetched at 02:19:29 EDT Oct 6 2011, size: 2097150

Can anybody tell me how to get this to update to current version of the database?

If I click on Fetch Botnet Database it tells me update already pending.

Enable Botnet Updater Client and Use Botnet data dynamically downloaded from updater server are both enabled.

I'm running on an ASA5510 with v8.2(5) and Botnet traffic filter is licensed.

Thanks,

Mike

19 Replies 19

Alright, Do you have the Firewall on failover? Is there a way you can run in the other one and reload the current one? If not, have you tried to reload the ASA?

Ive seen a couple of cases where the low memory available can cause this, and some others where the case was resolved by reloading the unit.

Let me know.

Mike

Mike

I'm coming in early tomorrow morning and was already planning to reload it just to see if that would help.  I will let you know how it goes after that. I also have a kit to upgrade Ram to 1GB but won't have time to install that tomorrow. Thanks for you help.

Mike

Alright, keep me posted.

Mike

Mike

Reloading the ASA did the trick.  It is now updating again.

Thanks,

Mike

Nice, Glad to hear it worked Mike.

Mike.

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card