Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can I assign multiple outside IP ranges to my 5505?

I am in the process of migrating our existing IP subnet from a /29 to a /27.

Is there a way to assign the new /27 IP addresses to the same outside interface on my 5505 as the existing /29 and run them parallel while I transfer DNS for www, smtp, etc?

3 REPLIES

Re: Can I assign multiple outside IP ranges to my 5505?

AFAIK you can't have both address spaces on an interface. You'll have to schedule downtime and migrate the IPs and host names.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

JasonW1856 wrote:

I am in the process of migrating our existing IP subnet from a /29 to a /27.

Is there a way to assign the new /27 IP addresses to the same outside interface on my 5505 as the existing /29 and run them parallel while I transfer DNS for www, smtp, etc?

Jason

Is the subnet the same IPs just with a bigger subnet mask ?

If so do you mean you have actually assigned DNS/WWW/mail servers with public IPs ? If there are using private addressing and then being natted to a public IP then the change of subnet mask shouldn't affect them at all. You would only need to change the subnet mask on the outside interface.

Jon

Cisco Employee

Hello,

If this is a new complete range of IP addresses, you can have your ISP to route that subnet to the current outside IP address of the firewall and have it for natting or for whatever you want.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Mike.

Mike
Views
Helpful
Replies