cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not configure ASA5510 with ASDM

CiscoDHsu
Level 1
Level 1

I try to save the config, but it keeps giving me weird errors saying that it can not write the config code to the ASA. It keeps putting in '~' in my code! ANYONE, PLEASE HELP! I have to copy and paste the code into the ASA and it is driving me crazy. If someone can help me I will be forever grateful.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just good with the rating, thank you! Have a good one.

-brad

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Look at your priv. level on the ASA for the user that is logging into the ASDM. Make sure the priv. level is 15. If not, that is what is causing your issue. I did the same thing just a few months ago - and actually couldn't figure out what the heck was going on and openned a TAC case...long story, you need to have the priv. level at 15 for the ASDM user.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

You have got to be kidding me. I will try this in a little bit. If it works, I owe you big time. I have spent over 40 hours trying to figure this out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java, ASDM client, ASDM on ASA, new ASA code, trying different machines, everything.

Just let me know if it works. I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. I felt like a complete idiot after I got it working.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

IT WORKED!!!!!!! Dude, you are awesome. I just tried it and it worked. You are a life saver. Can I send you some paypal or something? Let me know what your paypal address is and I will send you $100. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MERRY XMAS!!!!! I LOVE NETPRO!

ha! You're welcome. Like I said, I did the same thing. No paypal necessary, just rate the post and I'll be a happy camper. (Hey, at least you're grateful, usually don't even get a thank you!) :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

Bless you my friend. I rated your posts. If you change your mind about the paypal I will send it.

Just good with the rating, thank you! Have a good one.

-brad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card