cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to the Application using ASA5520

zakid
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customer, I configured Inside Zone as sever hosted and in DMZ zone clients located. configuration is workig fine.

when I telnet from client to server as port 80, 25392 and 25492 connections established successfully.

see the test result.

C:\>netstat

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address            Foreign Address             State
  TCP    laptop:4986              10.102.10.2:25392         ESTABLISHED
  TCP    laptop:4987               10.102.10.2:80             ESTABLISHED.    

and also I can see the connection established in firewall.

But, If I run the application from the client, i can see the same connection established in firewall. but through netstat is not, see the test result.

C:\>netstat

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address            Foreign Address             State

TCP    laptop:4986              10.102.10.2:25392         TIME_WAIT

TCP    laptop:4987              10.102.10.2:80             ESTABLISHED.

could any one  can support on the issue, is much appricated.

regards,

Basha.

4 Replies 4

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Basha,

The timewait is a state on every tcp connection prior to the closure of it. Can you run the logs when the conection is being build until it goes down? Can you do a show conn detail | inc 10.102.10.2 to check what is the status of the connection?

Cheers

Mike

Mike

thanks for your prompt reply.

kindly see the sh conn status:

TCP dmz 10.102.212.83:8541 inside 10.102.10.2:80, idle 0:00:00, bytes 394, flags UIO

TCP dmz 10.102.212.83:8542 inside 10.102.10.2:25392, idle 0:00:00, bytes 2573, flags UIO

regards,.

When you monitor the status of the session with the logs at debuging level, what is the reason for torn down? When you took this output, on the computer the connection was on timewait as well ?

Let us know

Mike

Mike

sainair
Level 1
Level 1

Basha,

If i understand the situation, the configuration works fine, but when you do a netstat on the client in the DMZ you see a TIME_WAIT for connection for the foreign address of the server (10.102.10.2:25392) to the specified port no. on which the application works. If the configuration is working fine, then the TCP status that you are seeing is the way how the application works. What is this application, as incase if the configuration is working fine, and you dont see the communication fail, but only when you do the netstat you see the TIME_WAIT, then you may want to check the application works.

TIMED_WAIT Client enters this state after active close.

May be the time you captured the netstat, the application went into the TIME_WAIT state.

I would say after the configuration is done, telnet should tell you if the ports are open, netstat is basically a local command on the client to check the TCP/UDP port status.

Let me know, if the application is not working through the firewall.

HTH,

Sai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card