Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

Can't get 5510 to talk to ssm-10

Hi

Trying to get the asdm to talk to the ips card, I click on the tab, confirm the ip address, but it never talks with the card and never has.

Any helps please guys?

Thanks

Kev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: Can't get 5510 to talk to ssm-10

You can session to the card via the cli without the interface but I think you need to actually use the interface to see it through asdm.

5 REPLIES
Green

Do you have something like this in the ssm??

service-host

network-settings

access-list /32

or

access-list 0.0.0.0/0

Community Member

Hi

I have access-list 0.0.0.0/0 on it just rule out any acl issues.

Thsi might seem a stupid question but do I need to use the management port on the ssm for the asdm to see it, I assumed the asdm could just talk to ssm card.

Tahnks

kev

Green

You can session to the card via the cli without the interface but I think you need to actually use the interface to see it through asdm.

Community Member

oh yes I've clearly sessioned on to it, but I just expected the asdm to be able to see the card and work, but having found a post about 10 minutes ago of a guy that had cabled it up and no one pulled him on it.

Community Member

To confirm it was because we hadn't cabled up the management port ont he same vlan as the asa, we always expected the asdm to work with e ssm-10 inline.

Thanks

Kev

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content