Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

J6

Can't View ACL count details using ASDM

We are running a ASA5520 with system image of "disk0:/asa843-k8.bin".  I'm also running ASDM ver: 6.4(7).

So my question is while I'm in the ASDM on the configuration of the firewall, I'm looking at the Access Rules.  When I do a show log on any of the rules that have hit counts on them, it opens up a Real-Time Log Viewer but I don't see any information.  It's not showing anything, nothing appears, it just sit's there like it's waiting but no data is coming.  Even though if I go back out to all the rules, I can see the hit count incrementing.  The same thing happens no matter which rule I pick with hit counts on them. 

I'm hoping in the end I can click on show log on the rule in question and see each individual hit information Source/Destination IP, Srce/Dest Port, Severity, Date and time.

I'm sure it's just a configuration issue I'm missing somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Red

Can't View ACL count details using ASDM

Hi,

Wat you would need to do is to add the log option after the acl that you are viewing, like:

access-list outside_access_in permit ip any host 1.1.1.1 log

Then go to ASDM and check the logs in the window.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks, Varun Rao Security Team, Cisco TAC
Views
Helpful
Replies