Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannoct connect to fwsm in any way.

I have a firewall module in cisco WS-C6509 that is full working, otherwise I will have 3000 peoples knocking on my door. wink

The problem is: I can ping the inside interface of the FWSM but... I can't access it via SSH, HTTPS or ASDM from any of the pc enabled to manage the FWSM.

If I open ASDM on another ASA, and via this I try to reach the FWSM, the ASDM hangs at 11% of loading configuration.

I don't know what's happening and I'm trying to do some troubleshooting.

Must I need a restart of the module?

8 REPLIES
VIP Green

I assume that management

I assume that management connectivity has worked previously?

Have you tried connecting via console cable and seeing if there is anything unusual in the logs?

It is very possible that a restart of the module will sort things out.

--

Pease remember to select a correct answer and rate

--

Please remember to rate and select a correct answer

Yes, the management works

Yes, the management works perfect 'till yesterday but no changes in configuration has been made.

If I connect through "session slot 4 processor 1" command I am able to enter in FWSM but, in startup/running config I only see the vlan configuration... surprise

VIP Green

If you physically connect

If you physically connect using a console cable do you see the same output?  Also remember to check the logs, memory usage, CPU usage, and check to make sure there is no hardware failure (if you are able to).

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate

--

Connected via console cable

Connected via console cable on the 6500 chassis I only can do same task described above.

This is the FWSM i'm talking about.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/catalyst-6500-series-firewall-services-module/product_data_sheet0900aecd803e69c3.html

VIP Green

So when you issue show run

So when you issue show run you only see VLAN configuration? is it possible that your user account has restrictions associated with it?

If not, then I suggest opening a TAC case, as this seems very strange.  Might even end up being an RMA...but you never know.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate

--

ok.. now I have full access

ok.. now I have full access to the running config.

Log shows me nothing interesting about this problem.

Problem solved, but can't

Problem solved, but can't believe that. indecision

There was a sort of NAT that send any request for the management IP to a server. Only for the management, all the other traffic goes well.

For example: in Windows, if I do \\management IP\c$ it opens the server share.

I was lucky in this situation because the stand by unit of the firewall was not in sync with the primary. So, I've shutdown the primary unit and problem solved.

Now, all the unit are up and running without any issue.

Thank you for listening me.

VIP Green

Interesting.  Glad you

Interesting.  Glad you managed to solve the issue :)

--

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content