Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot open ASA through ASDM but I can open it through SSH

Luis Carranza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I have a problem right now, in fact I was searching for all the forum and I couldn't find any topic that could help me. Let me explaing you the situation: I got 2 firewalls which are connected as failover, the problem is with the ACTIVE device because I can access through SSH but if I'm trying to open it via ASDM it brings me an error UNABLE TO LAUNCH DEVICE MANAGER FROM X.X.X.X. I'm running the latest version of ASDM 8.2(2)17 in fact we already rewrite the file in the firewall but the problem is still there. And about the other device, I mean the one that is as STANDBY is working fine I'm able to access through ASDM and SSH and we already compare it and both have the same configuration.

So if you have any suggestion I will apreciate it.

Regards

19 Replies 19

bmurray2_home
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance you have a proxy configured on the web browser you're trying to access ASDM from?

ASA(config)#asdm image < location of asdm image

HTH,

HARI

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm experiencing the same issue on an ASA that I used to be able to get to via ASDM.  I've tried it from two different computers from two different subnets via ASDM launcher and HTTPS.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi:

Well at the end I had to reload the ASA and then everything went back to normal, in fact I receive help from CISCO TAC and the told me that we need to install the lastest IOS version on the device because there was a bug on the version that we were using.

Regards

Thanks!  resolved for me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card