Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot ping ASA 5505 and ASDM is unable to launch device manager

While working on my port forwarding issue, I must have messed up a setting.  I can no longer launch ASDM, and I cannot ping the firewall either.  It has also trashed our WAN.  I need some serious help. I have no idea how to fix this.  Consider me a rookie and talk to me like a ten year old.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

I am at my pc you can skype me juanmh84.

You should be able to reload the device if you did not save the configuration

Value our effort and rate the assistance!

4 REPLIES
Silver

I am at my pc you can skype me juanmh84.

You should be able to reload the device if you did not save the configuration

Sorry I was already asleep when you sent this.  But you pointed me in the right direction and I was able to fix the problem.   Thanks!  Now to get that port forwarding working.

Silver

If you need anything just let me know, I am at home so I don´t have a firewall to ASDM to so I can´t give you the step by step over ASDM but I could send you the commands if you want, all I need to know is the version and IP addresses, well just the internal IP since it seems that you are using the ASA outside interface.

Sent an email to your cisco.com account.  I'm just tryin to allow mobile devices through the firewall to an inside address of 10.0.0.115 they have to use port 2439 for the program data they are trying to sync. I'm can't seem to figure out how to set it up properly.  I just reverted to a backup from before I started this so I could get rid of the residual from my failed attempts.  Let me know if you have any ideas.   I'm about ready to call Cisco cause I need this done today or my boss will kill me.   Thanks!

Jeremy

Views
Helpful
Replies