Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

cant manage asa from remote location

have l2l vpn connection with remote location.  They have asa 5505 we have asa 5520 as firewall/vpn devices.  I can communicate with EVERYTHING at the remote location except the 10.244.12.1 (asa inside interface) from headquarters.  I can remote to a pc at that location and manage it fine, but need to be able to do it from HQ.    config is attached.  thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: cant manage asa from remote location

Could you remove this line

management-access mgmt

and add this one?

management-access inside

Also, you are only allowing ssh to the mgmt interface. Make sure to allow that to the inside interface as well.

-KS

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Could you remove this line

management-access mgmt

and add this one?

management-access inside

Also, you are only allowing ssh to the mgmt interface. Make sure to allow that to the inside interface as well.

-KS

Community Member

Thank you,   The management-access mgmt line wasnt in there to remove,  so I simply added the management-access inside.....that did the trick... I have been banging my head against the wall.....I knew it would be something simple.  thanks again

Cisco Employee

Glad to hear.  Thanks for rating.

I thought I saw the line in the config. May be I looked at some other config.

If it is not there then yes, you just simply add that line.

-KS

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content