Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Carrier suggetion on cisco security

Hi

Am root, have four years of experience in cisco R&S and security. i beleave in "Learning is more important than having", am passionate to learn security. please suggest me how to prepare CCIE security.

i have certified CCNA security in 2012. 

the problem is  currently am not getting any exposer on security in present organization. if there is any books/docx/videos to grow my self in cisco security please let me know.

i bought  a new laptop with high config to run gns3 if there is any labs for security ( like ASA,IPS,IDS......) please share with me.

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your help.

thanks in advance...:)

• Firewalling
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Carrier suggetion on cisco security

Well you need to focus on CCNP Security as a step along the path to CCIE.

Just like with CCNA Security, the official certification guides are very useful. The CCNP Security program recently announced a makeover though and the current exams are being retired in April 2013. So you will be much better off waiting until new guides are published later this year.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccnpsecurity

GNS3 is fine for modeling routers but not so much for ASA and not at all for switches. Additionally the new syllabus for CCNP Security will emphasize things like CX and ISE which GNS3 will not handle at all.

If you really want to get proficient in Cisco security I sugggest you search for a position that will expose you to it in your day to day job. I see too many folks with certifications and little to no practical experience and they are usually not as qualified as their certifications would suggest.

Re: Carrier suggetion on cisco security

Hi,

The question here is how to prepare for CCIE Security. Since there's no hard pre-requisite, you can attempt to take the written and lab exams.

I believe you'll be better off taking a bootcamp course (i.e. INE) or taking as much rental rack time if you've got budget constraint. Good luck!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies