cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change ASA Firewall Address

mikros
Level 1
Level 1

When I go through the ASDM manager and change the IP address of the ASA5505 unit and write to memory I get an error. Is there a way to do this via the console port? Thanks

19 Replies 19

I did that and thats when I get the Error "Interface Address is not on the subnet as your DHCP Pool". I believe my subnet is 255.255.255.255 is there a way to check?

do this, if you are connected via console through hyperterminal do a capture-text from the terminal , do show run and save the file as config.txt ..then paste or attach the whole confiuration here.. to take a look at it.. we will need to remove the default dhcp pool configuration in order for you to configure the interface.. thats why it wil not take a different IP block because it does not match the default dhcp pool.

Jorge Rodriguez

Ok here is the file.

go to enable mode and issue

no dhcpd address 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.33 inside

then configure the vlan to re-ip the interface after that is done go back to placing back dhcp pool for your inside network using your new IP subnet information, follow the pool format you removed for the IP range.

Jorge Rodriguez

Dennis, thanks for the ratings..

Also rememenber to save configuration every time you make changes at the command line by issuing " write mem " , by not doing so your config will be lost when you reboot the firewall.

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card