cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP address for Host Object ASA 7.2.2

amvita
Level 1
Level 1

I am involved with a re-ip addressing project in which I need to change the IP address of numerous host objects that are members of Network Object Groups. I have an ASA 5520 running version 7.2(2) and utilizing ASDM ver 5.2

When I change the ip address of the host object, the host entry in the Network Object Group does not change. What does happen is the host entry in the Network object Group removes the name, leaves the old IP address in the network ogject group and does not add the new IP address. I then need to remove the old IP address from the Network Object Group and add the modified Host Object to the Network Object Group.

Is there a way to change the IP address in an easier and more straight forward manner?

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hmmm.. strange !! Im running 8.x I cannot speak for 7.2, I was able to re-ip a host from and objectgroup in asdm.. it did not keep the old IP, as seen bellow 10.10.10.1 was changed to 10.10.10.3.. I don't think there is an easier way other than let asdm do the reip, as asdm process will also update any acls or nat statement associated with hosts in network object groups.. you can do it manually through CLI but you realy need to be very careful in looking at the whole firewall picture acls as well as anything related to nat entries when changing host ips etc..etc..

object-group network OUtside_Vendor

network-object host 10.10.10.3

no network-object host 10.10.10.1

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: