Views
Helpful
Replies

Check the connections of VPN?

Navaz Wattoo
Level 1
Level 1

hy

how are you and how is going your life and please can you tell me that how can i check tha how many connections are connected through VPN?           

Navaz       

Navaz
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I answered that question in my first reply.

The following command will give you a summary of all the VPN connections to your device. It will list for example the currently active and the cumulative amount of VPN connections formed so far to the VPN device

show vpn-sessiondb summary

You can use the above command with

show vpn-sessiondb ?

And check other option which will let you list all the users logged in with VPN Client for example or perhaps list all active L2L VPN connection to the device.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you want to get a summary view of all the VPN connections active on your ASA then you can use the following command

There are also other variations of the "vpn-sessiondb" command if you want more specific information.

- Jouni

Thanks a lot for replying and i want to logs that how many time connective through VPN and means log of vpn connectivity

Navaz

Navaz

Hi,

I guess you should send the Syslog from the ASA to a Syslog server and parse the log messages so that you can find the log messages (based on their ID number) of a user logging in and logging out.

- Jouni

yes like this but how can i use this?

Navaz

Navaz

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean.

If you need help configuring the logging, you can find it from the ASA Configuration Guide for the software level you are running on the ASA.

Here is the ASA 8.4 Configuration Guide section on configuring Logging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/monitor_syslog.html

The actual Syslog server is a totally different matter and that is not something I personally deal with in my work. I do use the Syslog server but I dont set them up or manage the actual portals that are used to view information parsed from the devices.

I would imagine Cisco has its own solutions for managing and logging Firewall/VPN environments but again I dont use any graphical interfaces when I am configuring ASA or when checking ASA Syslogs. I tend to use CLI both on ASA and Syslog server.

- Jouni

i just need to know that how many people are connected through VPN in firewall

Navaz

Navaz

Hi,

I answered that question in my first reply.

The following command will give you a summary of all the VPN connections to your device. It will list for example the currently active and the cumulative amount of VPN connections formed so far to the VPN device

You can use the above command with

show vpn-sessiondb ?

And check other option which will let you list all the users logged in with VPN Client for example or perhaps list all active L2L VPN connection to the device.

- Jouni

Thanks a lot

Navaz

Navaz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card