cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

choice pix 515 or asa 5505

blohinsb_al
Level 1
Level 1

i want to bye some pix 515 but i have choice pix 515 vs asa 5505. What is a difference in perfomance and connection. I read data sheets but i still have some question. Asa 5505 have easy price and cisco best support and PR then pix 515. What is the best if money no problem?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

I would go ahead with ASA series boxes because they are being projected as product replacements for most of the devices under security portfolio...

regds

you're better off comparing the asa 5510 to the pix 515 - they are more closely related in performance. the 5505 is a smalloffice/homeoffice device. the asa 5505 is more closely related to the pix 501.

in either case, go with the asa because of support and functionality differences.

it pays to make a bit of sacrifice and move forward with the asa , first for its many functionalities that the 515 does not have, besides .. the 515 model end of sales was in 2002 and support ended on 5/24/2007.

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card