Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 and Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N VPN tunnel

aubreyrhame
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I'm trying to establish a VPN tunnel between our main office running a Cisco ASA 5505 [8.3(2)] and a remote user using a Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N firmware version V2.0.1.3.

The Cisco ASA 5505 is already configured to allow incoming IPSec VPN connections via the Cisco VPN Client.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about doing so? The remote user has a static IP address as well as the main office.

Any information provided would be appreciated. Thanks

Good Morning,

I'm trying to establish a VPN tunnel between our main office running a Cisco ASA 5505 [8.3(2)] and a remote user using a Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N firmware version V2.0.1.3.

The Cisco ASA 5505 is already configured to allow incoming IPSec VPN connections via the Cisco VPN Client.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about doing so? The remote user has a static IP address as well as the main office.

Any information provided would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this will work.  I have it up and running.  Use the site to site vpn wizard on the ASA and then on the WRVS4400N, make sure to select the settings below.  *You need to disable PFS on the ASA either during the wizard of afterward under vpn properties/advanced.

Phase 1 >

Mode = IKE w/ Preshared Key

Encryption = 3DES

Auth = SHA1

Group = 1024 bit

key lifetime = 86400

Phase 2 >

Encryption = 3DES

Auth = SHA1

PFS = Disable

Group = 1024 bit

key lifetime = 3600

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aubreyrhame
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Yes, this will work.  I have it up and running.  Use the site to site vpn wizard on the ASA and then on the WRVS4400N, make sure to select the settings below.  *You need to disable PFS on the ASA either during the wizard of afterward under vpn properties/advanced.

Phase 1 >

Mode = IKE w/ Preshared Key

Encryption = 3DES

Auth = SHA1

Group = 1024 bit

key lifetime = 86400

Phase 2 >

Encryption = 3DES

Auth = SHA1

PFS = Disable

Group = 1024 bit

key lifetime = 3600

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: