Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ASA 5510, file transfer from DMZ to inside & vice versa stops

I have recently setup a DMZ on our Cisco ASA and the DMZ is workng fine however whenever we transfer files to the DMZ or from the DMZ it stops internet traffic and all other traffic from passing through the firewall.

If someone could provide me with some advice on why this is happening ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Cisco ASA 5510, file transfer from DMZ to inside & vice versa st

Just to add, I cannot see anything in the logs and the syslog messages slows down during the file transfer as a result of traffic not passing through the interfaces

Super Bronze

Hi,

I cant think of a reason right now that a configuration would cause this.

The main thing that comes to mind is that is your file transfer consuming all the bandwith and therefore causing other connections to fail?

- Jouni

Hi,

That was my initial thought however the file transfer speed does not exceed 2MB/s which definitely rules out bandwith issue. What I cannot understand is why Inside/Outside traffic is affect.

Thanks

Hello Mohammed,

Can you share the configuration of the FW so we can look for something unnusual that could lead us somewhere,

Also a capture on the DMZ interface to see the traffic that reaches the ASA while performing the transfer will be amazing,

Remember to rate all of the helpful posts.

For this community that's as important as a thanks.

Looking for some Networking Assistance? Contact me directly at jcarvaja@laguiadelnetworking.com I will fix your problem ASAP. Cheers, Julio Carvajal Segura http://laguiadelnetworking.com
Views
Helpful
Replies