Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 interface communication issue

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Can any one help me to resolve the issue.

The issue is i have Cisco ASA5510 with 4 interfaces e 0/0,e 0/1,e 0/2 and e 0/3 interfaces.

I have configured the e 0/0 as the outside with publice Ip add, and security level is 0.

Then e 0/1 as Inside1 with the private IP address and security level as 100,and the inside network is NATTED as the outside interface using NAT (inside1) 1 and Global (outside) 1,and it is working fine.

Now I have configured the e 0/2 as Inside2 with the another private IP address and security level as 90,and it is not NATTED as the Outside interface (This network is not allowed to access the network.

But Inside1 and Inside2 network should communicate,but it is not communicating,from the ASA prompt I am able to ping both Inside1 Ip address and Inside2 Ip address,but from the Inside2 node to Inside1 node or Inside1 interface IP address is not able to ping,and from Inside1 node to Inside2 node or Inside2 interface IP address is not communicating.

To achive this should I NAT the Inside2 network and assign the rule base to permit the traffic?

please guide me to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman

3 Replies 3

froggy3132000
Level 3
Level 3

yes you have to create a translation and a rule/acl to permit the traffic from inside2 to inside1.

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

If...

inside1 = 192.168.1.0/24

inside2 = 192.168.2.0/24

then...

static (Inside1,Inside2) 192.168.1.0 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

this will get you communicating between Inside1 and Inside2.

You will have to add an acl to initiate traffic from Inside2 to Inside1.

access-list inside2 extended permit ...

access-group inside2 in interface Inside2

Please rate helpful posts.

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

S.Venkataraman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: