I am using the ASDM to configure as I am not familiar with the CLI. I want to configure the ASA for VPN to another router.
I went to the CLI and typed "ip address dhcp setroute" but it gave error.
Regarding DHCP server on Ethernet 0/1:
1. In ASDM I went to Properties --> DHCP Server. It has a DHCP server enabled for the management port with DHCP pool starting from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254.
2. Here I tried to enable the DHCP server on Inside (Ethernet 0/1) however it gives an error saying Ethernet 0/1 is a client and can not be turned to a server.
3. In the above situation I went to interfaces to see if I could give a static IP to Ethernet 0/1 from the DHCP server of the Management Port. However, here ASDM shows the message the Ethernet 0/1 can not be in the same subnet (255.255.255.0) as of Management Port.
4. So currently Ethernet 0/1 is set to obtain IP from DHCP but I am not very sure from which DHCP server.
1) If you would like to enable a DHCP server on the Eth0/1 interface, it can not obtain an IP address using a DHCP server as well. Only one of those can be configured at a time. I owuld suggest giving a static IP to eth0/1.
2) 2 interfaces of an ASA can not be in the same subnet. So you will have to configure eth0/1 and Management interfaces in different subnets.
3) It is not possible for Eth0/1 interface of ASA to obtain an IP address using the DHCp server on Management interface.
I would usggest you to go to the interfaces section in ASDM and give eth0/1 an IP address in a different subnet as compared to Management interface. Following this, you should be able to configure a DHCP server on the Eth0/1 interface.
I gave Ethernet 0/1 a static IP address 192.168.15.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0 (same as outside and management) and also a static IP address and subnet 255.255.255.192. But no help.
If I do not have a DHCP server on Ethernet 0/1 how can I give access to computers connected in the local network.
Even though I tried to enable a DHCP server on Ethernet 0/1 but the error message is the same that it is a client and only a server can have the access feature. (I had added Ethernet 0/1 in the list of ports that can ASDM under Device Administration --> ASDM HTTPS and disabled the mangement DHP server)
I appreciate your help. Can you let me know if you could take a look at the ASDM console. I can give you access through team viewer.
Yes I can ping the IP 126.96.36.199 192.168.10.3 (Ethernet 0/0) 192.168.15.1 (Ethernet 0/1) from the ASDM when connected to the management port. But can not ping from the command prompt.
Can you please confirm if I can use a private IP on Ethernet 0/0 or I need a public IP. I am using a DSL modem / router which is in turn giving a private IP from the DSL modem/router DHCP server. ASA version is 7.0.8 which does not support PPPOE.
Login to the FXOS chassis manager.
Direct your browser to https://hostname/, and log-in using the user-name and password.
Go to Help > About and check the current version:
Check the current version availa...
We have configured the outside and inside Interface with official ipv6 adresses, set a default route on outside Interface to our router, we also have definied a rule , which also gets hits, to permit tcp from inside Interface to any6.
In Syslog I also se...