Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

Cisco ASA 5515-X IPS Edition

What exactly is the IPS edition of the ASA5515-X?  is it the firewall edition + x year(s) of IPS security license bundle?

Also, i'd want ASA5515-SSD120-K9  if i want the ASA5515-X + IPS/AVC/WSE (will be getting ASA5512-AWI3Y and smartnet) and i should be getting K9 instead of K8 correct?

• Firewalling
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The IPS edition refers to an

The IPS edition refers to an ASA bundled with the still-sold legacy Cisco IPS technology.

That's distinct from the IPS service license which can be added to or bundled with the ASA 5500-X series with SSD (and CX software module). That's what's denoted by the "I" in the "AWI3Y" (AVC, WSE and IPS 3-year subscription).

K8 vs. K9 refers to factory-configured without or with the free (but US export-controlled) 3DES-AES license.

Yes, ASA5515-SSD120-K9 plus

Yes, ASA5515-SSD120-K9 plus the subscription service for the CX bits - ASA5515-AWI3Y in your case.

The configuration tool (CCW) will prompt your reseller to add bits like the right kind of power cord for your region and Smartnet service as well.

I work for a Cisco partner so all our gear comes direct. :)

4 REPLIES

The IPS edition refers to an

The IPS edition refers to an ASA bundled with the still-sold legacy Cisco IPS technology.

That's distinct from the IPS service license which can be added to or bundled with the ASA 5500-X series with SSD (and CX software module). That's what's denoted by the "I" in the "AWI3Y" (AVC, WSE and IPS 3-year subscription).

K8 vs. K9 refers to factory-configured without or with the free (but US export-controlled) 3DES-AES license.

Thank you again Marvin. We

Thank you again Marvin. We will be pulling the trigger tomorrow - ASA5515-SSD120-K9 would be what we need along with the security license correct?

oh and where do you purchase

oh and where do you purchase your cisco gear?

Yes, ASA5515-SSD120-K9 plus

Yes, ASA5515-SSD120-K9 plus the subscription service for the CX bits - ASA5515-AWI3Y in your case.

The configuration tool (CCW) will prompt your reseller to add bits like the right kind of power cord for your region and Smartnet service as well.

I work for a Cisco partner so all our gear comes direct. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies