Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5525X configure Same Vlan in Multiple Physical Ports

vinovinom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I would like to know whether we can configure Same Vlan and assign to multiple physical ports in Cisco ASA 5525X series firewalls. The interfaces are connected to same subnet. These are directly connected to servers in DMZ and no switches in between them.

I can see that you can configure vlan interface in ASASM and ASA 5505 but cannot find anything for series above 5505. All I can find is that we can configure a sub-interface with multiple vlans on it for trunking. 

Please don't blame me for the design as it was not me who designed it : ) 

Any help on this would help me.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi ,

As you rightly said , you can configure interface VLAN only on 5505 , and access those vlan on multiple physical ports , not on higher model ASA .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa90/configuration/guide/asa_90_cli_config/interface_complete_routed.html

Configuring General Interface Parameters

This procedure describes how to set the name, security level, IPv4 address and other options.

For the ASA 5510 and higher, you must configure interface parameters for the following interface types:

• Physical interfaces
  • VLAN subinterfaces
  • Redundant interfaces
  • EtherChannel interfaces

For the ASA 5505 and ASASM, you must configure interface parameters for the following interface types:

• VLAN interfaces

HTH

Sandy

Waqas Butt
Level 1
Level 1

5510 or higher needs to configure with interface parameters, physical, redundant or vlan... Reason: Note to loose physical interface to access specific VLAN for a particular access...

Cheers,

Waqas

vinovinom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Many thanks for your replies and confirming that I am in same page as yours.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card