cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 8.3.1- rtmp content fails to play

jcdod
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site outside of our organization that delivers rtmp content. We are unable to view this content inside of our organization. The logs are showing the connection making but then immediately disconnects with a TCP reset from the outside (their side). At home, on satellite broadband, the vids do not play. However, on a different provider with low-latency, the vids play ok. Their player is jplayer, which I know can have certain issues with some flashvar. Is there anything I can look at or do to try to alleviate this problem on my side?

17 Replies 17

Thanks jcdod.

After thinking about this, am I the only one that finds it irksome that Cisco ASA would clear well-known ip options by default? The 3 options getting cleared in this particular situation are not "unknown" options. They are common options. Am I missing something here?

Hi jcdod,

By design, the asa defaults to clearing the tcp options as it goes through.  You are able to allow it through without clearing it as long as you know which bits you need.

This doc (the one i sent earlier has the command needed to allow it.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/conns_tcpnorm.html#wp1084313

example:

default:

tcp-options range 9 255 clear

can modify to:

tcp-options range 50-52 allow

that will allow options 50-52 to be allowed and not cleared.

Of course, you need to set up the advanced options.  I would still suggest opening a case for assistance on this.

regards,

scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card