Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco ASA 8.x software feedback

Hi,

anyone upgrade to ASA 8.x ? is it stable, i am still using 7.2 without problems, but one feature i would like to use is the multiple virtual sensors with the AIP-SSM , still though hesitating to upgrade , any feedback about the 8.x will be appreciated.

thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: cisco ASA 8.x software feedback

I am using 8.02 and its stable - generally. However I did run into a bug with the SSL VPNs within it, fortunately after speaking to tac the dent i put in my head from banging it against the wall is healing i.e. known bug. TAC claims there is a new release coming this month that fixes many bugs, I would wait till that version is out if nothing urgent is driving an upgrade for you.

What bug did you run into with the SSL VPN? The one I saw was even though I disconnected from the SSL VPN connection, I could not reconnected after using it twice even though it did not show me connected in the monitoring.

I've done about five or six at 8.02 and so far I haven't hit any issues other then the above state about SSL VPN not disconnecting.

I would also like to know more about the errors/issues you experienced...

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get AnyConnect client to work properly! When I connect through a web-browser (client downloads, installs, connects) everything works fine. But when I later try to connect directly with the installed client it fails. If I go trough the webinstallation it works again however. Furthermore after about 10-20 minutes the connected client disconnects :(

/Rasmus

Views
Helpful
Replies