cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco asa access lists

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, when configuring the acl's on my asa using the asdm, how do I know if the access list is in or out ? does the firewall automatially know this when you add the source and destination networks? as in the cli you normally put the keyword in or out, and its a little bit confusing using the asdm, can anyone confirm how we check if its incoming or outgoing ?

5 Replies 5

pjhenriqs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carl,

In the "Configuration" tab under "Security Policy" you have the rules for each interface.

You have the name of the interface and then the direction, for example:

outside(11 incoming rules)

1. ...

2. ...

Is that what you mean?

HTH,

Paulo

yes thats right, when adding a rule, how do you define if its incoming or outgoing ?

When you add an access-rule a new window comes up...

On the top left corner under the "Interface and Action" menu you can choose the interface and the direction (incoming or outgoing).

HTH,

Paulo

I see, I have now found it, it was at the bottom of the screen under more options.

another question is, what is the advanced acl manager for, as this does not give us the direction option ? what is it for ?

I think you would be better off sending print-screens of what you are seeing. I have a completely different interface for my ASAs as it seems...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: