cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA Commands - No Object Resolution

robert.lott
Level 1
Level 1

How can I dump the configuration on a Cisco ASA where it does not resolve defined objects in the configuration?

For example: show route produces an output with object name instead of network address

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If I understood you correctly then your problem is that instead of IP addresses you are seein names/text in the configurations?

If this is true then I think your problem is probably because of the "name" configurations

You can use the following command to view the current configurations

show run names

If you want to disable the name/IP pairing from showing on the configuration you can use the following command

no names

It should not remove any of the "name" configurations but rather disables them from being used/viewed in the configuration. You can re-enable it with  the command "names"

Hope this helps

Please do remember to mark a reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Feel free to ask more if needed

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If I understood you correctly then your problem is that instead of IP addresses you are seein names/text in the configurations?

If this is true then I think your problem is probably because of the "name" configurations

You can use the following command to view the current configurations

show run names

If you want to disable the name/IP pairing from showing on the configuration you can use the following command

no names

It should not remove any of the "name" configurations but rather disables them from being used/viewed in the configuration. You can re-enable it with  the command "names"

Hope this helps

Please do remember to mark a reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Feel free to ask more if needed

- Jouni

Jouni,

Thannks for the quick response. It works perfectly!

Robert

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card