Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA DHCP-PD and SLAAC with VPN Anyconnect SSL

jgenender
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I finally got DHCP-PD working with my ISP and my entire network works very well with SLAAC.  I get a /60 and am able to subnet those into /64s readily easily.  However, I am stuck on one point.  I would like my VPN configuration to use SLAAC as well and would like it to use a specifically assigned /64.  I can hard code a prefix by creating the appropriate IPV6 address pool.  However, the prefixes change on reboot and my ISP does not appear to honor prefix hints, just prefix size hints.  All prefix hints appear to be ignored.

The question I have is,  is there a way for the VPN configuration to allow it to obtain SLAAC based IPs from a prefix?  The fix would have been to allow the vpn ipv6 address pools to use a prefix kind of like how you do it on an interface.  But I can't seem to figure out how I could do this.  I also could have created a DHCPv6 server, however, the VPN comes through the outside interface and I cant have a DHCP client and server on the same interface.

Anybody know of a way to do what I am asking?  Is it even doable or would this need to be an enhancement at some point.  To me, this seems like something it should do.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card