Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA / PIX Firewall - IP Address Secondary

sramraj2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Experts

Can this product support secondary ip addresses, just like in the IOS devices?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bro

The answer is NO. Secondary IP Addresses are not supported in Cisco Firewall devices, unlike in IOS Router, for example. Not even in the latest Cisco ASA software image version 8.4.X. You could also refer to this URL as well https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2079416

Frankly, if you were to ask me, I have no idea why this isn't supported. In fact, I also wonder how come Policy Based Routing PBR is also not supported in Cisco FW. Perhaps, there's a valid technical/commercial reason behind all this :-)

Note: Another thing, this question that you've asked, the answer can be easily found by googl-ing or yahoo-ing in 5 minutes. Anyhow, perhaps you were unable to find it on the Internet.

P/S: If you think this comment is useful, please do rate them nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Bro

The answer is NO. Secondary IP Addresses are not supported in Cisco Firewall devices, unlike in IOS Router, for example. Not even in the latest Cisco ASA software image version 8.4.X. You could also refer to this URL as well https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2079416

Frankly, if you were to ask me, I have no idea why this isn't supported. In fact, I also wonder how come Policy Based Routing PBR is also not supported in Cisco FW. Perhaps, there's a valid technical/commercial reason behind all this :-)

Note: Another thing, this question that you've asked, the answer can be easily found by googl-ing or yahoo-ing in 5 minutes. Anyhow, perhaps you were unable to find it on the Internet.

P/S: If you think this comment is useful, please do rate them nicely :-)

Warm regards,

Ramraj

I am new to Cisco products, hence I don't know how to look for these information. I'm sorry.

There's no need to say sorry. This forum is intended to help everyone who can't find information on the Cisco's website easily. You're welcome, bro :-)

Today I helped you, tomorrow you might be the one helping me.

Warm regards,
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card