cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ASA5510

arafat009
Level 1
Level 1

|May 31 2007 18:59:20|106001: Inbound TCP connection denied from 10.0.0.0/1891 to 192.168.0.0/23 flags SYN on interface Outside

I am receiving this error for both tcp and icmp traffics. I can ping from 10.0.0.0 network to the outside interface, but I cannot ping/telnet the 192.168.0.0 network. There is an Access-list for tcp traffic. The Hit counter for that is 0. That mean traffic can reach outside interface but cannot access inside interface,,,,

Any clues?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

This is a connection-related message. This message occurs when an attempt to connect to an inside address is denied by your security policy. Possible TCP_flags values correspond to the flags in the TCP header that were present when the connection was denied. For example, a TCP packet arrived for which no connection state exists in the PIX Firewall, and it was dropped. The TCP_flags in this packet are FIN and ACK.

The TCP_flags are as follows:

?ACK?The acknowledgment number was received.

?FIN?Data was sent.

?PSH?The receiver passed data to the application.

?RST?The connection was reset.

?SYN?Sequence numbers were synchronized to start a connection.

?URG?The urgent pointer was declared valid.

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/syslog/pixemsgs.htm#wp1022675

Rodrigo Gurriti
Level 3
Level 3

"There is an Access-list for tcp traffic. The Hit counter for that is 0. That mean traffic can reach outside interface but cannot access inside interface,,,,"

Remember that outside is less secure then inside therefore you need an access list TO ALLOW outside traffic to inside.

You need to have an access list like this

access-list OUTSIDE_TO_INSIDE extended permit tcp any any

then apply it to outside!

access-group OUTSIDE_TO_INSIDE in interface outside

Then you should have hits on the counters otherwise the access list isnt working

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card