cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA5540 - Internal server is being blocked for 1 hour at a time

jason.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Please help! We lost our network guy and we have a server that keeps getting blocked for about an hour at a time. We have looked at the logs on the asa and can not find anything. It seems when it sees a threat detection it blocks all traffice to this server. If we get on another server that is on that vlan we are able to get to it. Just wondering if someone could point us in the direction where we should look to find how or why this block is happening..

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.4(2)

Device Manager Version 6.4(5)206

Thanks In Advance,

Jason

6 Replies 6

Anthony.Herman
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to post the current running configuration?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I tired to post the entire config but it would not allow it. Is there a certain section of the config maybe I can post.

thanks,

Jason

says it can not be displayed due to its content.

Anthony.Herman
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to copy and paste it? It should let you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

can't display due to content. is the error i am getting..

Sorry couldn't get back to you sooner. Is this from ASDM or the CLI?

In asdm go to file > show running configuration in new window and copy all of that and paste it in a reply.

If from the cli you need to be familiar enough to make it to privileged mode but from there you can issue show run - whatever client you are using to terminal in should have a way of copying either a segment or the entire session history and that you can paste in a reply here.

Let me know if you need any help figuring this out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: