cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM on my Linux Laptop

alatzas
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Firefox 2.0 with Java 1.5 on my Fedora Core Laptop. When I log into the ASDM Webpage and it finishes loading the configs I only get a blank page. Basically nothing is showing up in the window. I have to force out the connect with a kill command.

Has anyone gotten the web ASDM java version to work on their Linux Laptop? If so what is the version combo of browser and java?

Thanks.

Pete

6 Replies 6

Benjamin Story
Level 5
Level 5

I'm running Firefox 2.0 and Java 1.5 on Ubuntu 6.10 and the ASDM is working great.

bmorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Pete,

There is a known bug with java and window managers like beryl and compiz, when using the asdm I have to disable beryl to get the java application to show up.

I am also using Firefox 2.0/Java 1.5/Ubuntu Edgy

I don't have the links, but bug reports have been posted to Sun about this.

Hope that helps.

Brian

I've used ASDM on Solaris just fine with Firefox... Brian probably nailed down what your problem is.

enkrypter
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem.

I run ubuntu fiesty and java 6 with FireFox. As soon as I switched back to the default gnome window manager i was back in business. Just simply disable window effects and you will be fine.

Thanks,

Tom

sobers
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get it to run, Pete? I have the same problem on my Fedora 7 desktop, FF2 and Java 1.5. also tried java 1.6.

jon

Hi,

i have change the java version 1.5 to the original Sun Java 1.5.2.

After you install the sun java, you can change with the "alternative" command the default java environment.

After this changes it's works fine on my laptop with Fedora 7 and FF2..

Helge

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card