cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Pix 525 replacemnet assistance

network_team
Level 1
Level 1

i wish to replace a cisco pix 525 please can someone give me a reccommendation of the next best thing. I have a company with a 1000 users

4 Replies 4

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The PIX isn't yet End-of-Sale, and most new features are available by upgrading to the latest vrsion of software (version 7).

If you wanted a like for like upgrade (maybe you want a CSC or IPS module?) then something like an ASA 5520 would probably fit the bill, but it really depends on what your requirements are.

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks the pix we currnetly have is struggling with overrunns and dropped packets consistanly. it is connected to a gigabit switch but only runs a 100 meg due to the firewall. we are not hitting 100 meg traffic but cisco have said the dropped packets are due to the amount of traffic it trys to process in a short period of time. Is to ASA interface and ios similiar to Pix cisco 525

Here is the model comparison chart for ASA appliances

http://www/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

ASA 5520 has 4 10/100/1000 interfaces and should suffice for your needs

Hi,

If you do not have interface constraint then you can upgrade the pix 515 with 3 giabit interfaces in the available slots. Else if you are planning to move on ASA, then 5520 should be a ideal choice for your env. Though as mentioned above i would also suggest to give it a shot & upgrade the existing PIX 525 to IOS version 7.2.x 7 test the performance.

Thanks

gagan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card