Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco PIX FW PDM doesn't load in the browser..

Hi,

I have this Cisco PIX 6.3(3) with PDM version 3.0 (4) installed and I can see in the show version. I also see that VPN-DES is enabled as I did gget a Free License from Cisco and inserted that activation key and reloaded the device.

I am using this in a Lab environmnet and have configured basic configuration and basic routing and NAT per Cisco documnet but when I load a browser (IE) and type: https://192.168.1.1

the PDM doesn't load. i don't even get prompted for a certificate!?

I am using an Ethernet RJ-45 X-Over cable connecting PIX inside interface directly to my PC.

I have checked the java plug-in and the machine is running the latest. I don't know if I have missed anything and will appreciate if you guys can please help me out with this problem.

Please send email reply to masoodabooali@yahoo.com as I don't have access to the email address listed at this time and fo rthe next two weeks.

Best Regards,

Masood

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco PIX FW PDM doesn't load in the browser..

Hello,

I would say no because it is not listed, however give it a try, just make sure that the java is the one that I suggested.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike
7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Masood,

I hope you are doing great. PDM is very old and I dont think it is going to work with the latest java version/IE browser. I will suggest you to pick a laptop or a computer with windows XP and to download java 6 update 7 and try again.

Let us know.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike for responding. just to clarify, I have IE version 8 and Java Plug in

1.6..(Latest Java Plug-in)

do I need to install a different version of PDM on the PIX or my problem might be just due to the Java Plug-ins incompatibity?

Regards,

Masood

Cisco Employee

Hello,

This are the supported platforms for the current PDM that you have

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/pdm30/release/notes/pdmrn303.html#wp109876

However, Not even the latest version of PDM will support IE8 nor the latest java. So please try with an explorer 6 and the java 6 update 7.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Mike, How about A Firefox browser? I see Netscape is listed but no Firefox?

Regards,

Masood

Cisco Employee

Hello,

I would say no because it is not listed, however give it a try, just make sure that the java is the one that I suggested.

Thanks!

Mike

Mike

Thanks Mike. I consider this as correct response. Thanks for your efforts. I see

what I can do aout the IE and my version of PDM + Java.

Regards,

Masood

Cisco Employee

Hello Masood,

It was a pleasure helping you, anything you need just let me know.

Mike.

Mike
Views
Helpful
Replies