cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Wireless AP's with default 80/443 firewall?

MrRedPenguin
Level 1
Level 1

I have quite a few businesses/schools in my area that seem to be using some sort of CISCO AP equipment.

I'm not quite sure the model but I know when you connect, you get redirected to 1.1.1.1 and have to either hit accept or fill in your email and then hit accept.

One thing I have noticed on every single one of these AP's it appears that only TCP 80/443 is allowed, no UDP, no other ports.

Is this just something with the default setup of these CISCO APs or is it done manually, like maybe the same company installed them for most if not all of these places?

Also, are these types of APs lowly priced? The reason I ask is, even in residental areas where there is not businesses for about 5 or more streets away, way too far for WiFI, I keep finding nature/animal named routers with two SSIDs, one like BlackBear & BlackBear-Guest and some are named after trees. I mean would these be something consumers would actually use? The weird part is, these "residental" ones all seem to basically originating from around the same 1-2 mile area and no where else in my city.

1 Reply 1

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

If you haven't already, I would suggest bringing these questions up with the experts in the Wireless community:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless

They'll be the best ones to answer these types of questions.

-Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card