cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Application using same port as SCCP(Skinny)

lracano
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client application that their tech notes recquire me to remove the inspect skinny command in order for it to work. At the moment I am not doing any Cisco VoIP or any VoIP, but I am wondering when I do, how I would be able to have the application and SCCP use the same port.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

It cant co-exist for sure.. If you have voip, the ip phones use sccp to communicate with the voice servers.. IP Phones use TCP 2000 for this communication.. either the client has to change the application number , or the CCM admin can change the default port of 2000 for SCCP (which is not recommended by Cisco)... on routers you can use the command sccp ccm x.x.x.x port 4000, to change the default sccp port....

Hope this helps..

Raj

View solution in original post

You are welcome :)

can you mark the post as solved, if it solves your queries ? might be useful when others have similar issues ! rate replies if found useful..

Raj

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

It cant co-exist for sure.. If you have voip, the ip phones use sccp to communicate with the voice servers.. IP Phones use TCP 2000 for this communication.. either the client has to change the application number , or the CCM admin can change the default port of 2000 for SCCP (which is not recommended by Cisco)... on routers you can use the command sccp ccm x.x.x.x port 4000, to change the default sccp port....

Hope this helps..

Raj

Thanks Raj!

You are welcome :)

can you mark the post as solved, if it solves your queries ? might be useful when others have similar issues ! rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card