cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command reference

agustinmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have read something about the next commands of firewall service module 2.3(4) for Catalyst 6500:

- timeout xlate.

- timeout conn.

- timeout uauth.

... but it isn't very clear to me in the documentation. Could explain me somebody exactly so that it is each commando and who is the differentiate between timeout xlate and timeout conn?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

timeout xlate is how long a Nat translation will remain on the firewall before it is deleted.

timeout conn sets the timeouts for tcp, udp, icmp, rpc, h323, h225, mgcp and sip. You can modify these timeouts if you need to. For example the standard timeout for a tcp connection is 1 hour but you might have to increase this for some Oracle applications.

timeout uauth is when users authenticate to the firewall for access to servers etc. This timeout defines how long that authentication will last before the user has to reauthenticate.

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

timeout xlate is how long a Nat translation will remain on the firewall before it is deleted.

timeout conn sets the timeouts for tcp, udp, icmp, rpc, h323, h225, mgcp and sip. You can modify these timeouts if you need to. For example the standard timeout for a tcp connection is 1 hour but you might have to increase this for some Oracle applications.

timeout uauth is when users authenticate to the firewall for access to servers etc. This timeout defines how long that authentication will last before the user has to reauthenticate.

HTH

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card