Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ASA 5510 whit Brightmail

Acruzgreg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have integrate server mail and server brightmail in whit ASA 5510

this server is in DMZ network and the users is in network inside.

Actually I have configured static nat in the ASA for server mail but a dont know how configure the brigthmail to filtrate the email

the brightmail server have 2 NIC for in and out mail.

Can you help me how I can configure rules in ASA for the server brightmail to filtrate the Emails in and out

this is my topology

regards

Captura.PNG

3 Replies 3

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure what exactly you want to do.

How would the Brightmail operate? Is it going to be an e-mail relay for your server? If yes, then you would need to statically translate him to your email ip on the ASA, he would receive the emails, filter and forward to the mail server.

You need to clarify how the traffic flow for the email would look like.

I hope it helps.

PK

hi pkampana,

thanks  for you response, in this case I need that the brightmail filter the email in input and output,

I need configure nat in ASA for server brightmail for the mail that coming at ASA be redirect to brightmail

and viceversa, the email that coming in the server mail be redirect to brightmail and brigthmail redirect the email at internet

TK

I am still not sure exactly what you want to do.

From what I am reading, so probably you want to nat you Brightmail ip and Brightmail is going to serve as an email relay.

You can do "static (inside,outside)

When someone sends email to the outside ip it will go to Brightmail.

When Brightmail sends email it will go out looking translated to the outside ip.

It seems you need to set the mail server to use the Brightmail to pull and send emails, and Brightmail is going to do the filtering.

I hope it helps.

PK

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card