Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure WCCP on Cisco 6500

ivanka_busta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying configuring WCCP on my ASA as it didn't work I'm going to try configuring it on my Cisco 6500. I attached my network topology.

I'm not sure in which interface I should apply the WCCP, so just to avoid causing problems on the network I attached what I think it should be done. I would be very grateful if someone could check is that right.

Thanks.

I'm going to check how it works for only a PC (192.168.72.10). The IP 10.250.2.33 is the one configured on the Mcafee Web Gateway. Could be the wccp configuration be applied on the interfaz vlan 154? I think all my web traffic, no matter how is the source, go that way.

access-list 1 permit host 10.250.2.33 
access-list 102 permit ip host 192.168.72.10 any

ip wccp version 2
ip wccp 51 redirect-list 102 group-list 1 password aspirina

#interfaz vlan 154
ip wccp 51 redirect in

3 Replies 3

Yes that should do the trick...however you are redirection all ports in that access-list.  Perhaps narrow it down to...lets say...just port 80?

access-list 102 permit ip host 192.168.72.10 any eq 80

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

Thanks for such a quick answer. I would try your suggestion. I'm really concerned about causing any disruption to the network. Do you think is it safe to apply that configuration? I mean, it only applies to web traffic being sent by the PC 192.168.72.12, isn't it? The rest of traffic going through vlan 154, is not affected. I'm worried because vlan 154 is like the link between Cisco 6500 and the FWSM module. It is not a physical interface so I wouldn't like to interrupt the traffic network.

Thanks

In theory, all other traffic should not be affected.

But if it is a concern, you could set up a test VLAN and try it out there before applying it to the actual VLAN.

--

--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: