Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

configuring active/standby cable based failover

i got 2 525 pixes with 4 interfaces. 2 of which are fast ethernet and 2 are gigabit. the pix also have a the serial cable for cable-based-failover

my configuration will be using all 4 interfaces for data traffic.

i want to use ethernet1 for my management and monitoring traffic and also for configuring failover.

i dnt want this interface to be dedicated only for failover.I m not going to use lan based failover, as i said i have the cable to do the cable based failover..

can i get this working, where my ethernet 1 ip wil be used in cable based failover configuration and also for my data traffic

secondly,i will use no monitor interface command fr ethernet 1

i.e failover not to occur if that interface goes down

finally, i will also use same security interface inter command. all my 4 interfaces will use same security level.this is only not to configure static and global nat..i will be configuing access-list to allow the traffic and block whts not permitted..in this case wht i have to allow for failover traffic

thanks

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: configuring active/standby cable based failover

Active/Standby failover lets you use a standby security appliance to take over the functionality of a failed unit. When the active unit fails, it changes to the standby state while the standby unit changes to the active state.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1046889

Silver

Re: configuring active/standby cable based failover

failover link STATE Ethernet5

failover interface ip STATE {Ip address} 255.255.255.0 standby (IP ADDRESS)

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohti

Views
Helpful
Replies