Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Step-by-Step Configuration and Troubleshooting Best Practices for the NGFW, NGIPS and AMP Technologies A Visual Guide to the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
Community Member

confusion abt the asa license

hi all i would like to ask something abt the license. i have got 2 asa 5510 security plus license. so both of them are supporting failover. now i just want to test the aip-ssm module of the asa. can i buy one and put it on the asa and use it. i know it cannot work in failover configuration cause one will not be having the ips module.

so when i want to use the failover can i remove that ips module from the asa and will then it work.

regards

sebastan

1 REPLY

Re: confusion abt the asa license

I think it's possible, but with additional config to be done (with regards to enabling/disabling ssm). Configure both ASA with failover, and make sure it works first. Then, install one unit with SSM/IPS module which eventually will become your active firewall.

If you need to activate HA/redundancy between them, disabled/remove the ssm in active unit. Make sure the config is similar with the first failover mode you configured previously. Then, power-on or activate failover command in the standby unit.

HTH

AK

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content