Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

connecting to nodes via (2) firewalls

I have (2) networks I'm dealing with in this situation. NetworkA has firewallA (pix 515e) with computerA behind it. NetworkB has firewallB (asa5510) with computerB behind it. I successfully use a software VPN client on computerA to connect to firewallB. The problem I have after that is connecting to computerB from computerA via RDP.

If I replace firewallA with a linksys firewall, I can connect to computerB with no problem.

Any ideas why the pix515e would not let computerA connect to computerB but the linksys would?

3 REPLIES

Re: connecting to nodes via (2) firewalls

I should clarify that the cisco VPN client software on computerA successfully connects to firewallB, it just doesn't seem to pass traffic through it. Again, if I replace firewallA with a linksys, I can connect and pass traffic through the tunnel.

sounds like the linksys has nat t turned on and firewall a does not....

Thanks for responding whisperwind!

This is the config I have for NAT though:

global (outside) 10 interface

nat (inside) 10 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

I thought that was pretty standard but should I try something else?

If anyone has an article to recommend for this, I'd appreciate it. This seems to be a problem other people have but I'm not finding a clear answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies