Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

copy running config to tftp

I'm trying to copy the running config file from an asa to a text file using tftp and it copies but when the command completes it says cryptochecksum followed by numbers and letters. I open the text file and alot of it is scrambled and doesnt look like it should. How can I fix this? Thanks.

ASA# copy running-config tftp:

Source filename [running-config]?

Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.15.5

Destination filename [running-config]?

Cryptochecksum: <numbers and letters>

!!

4300 bytes copied in 0.7 secs

ASA#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Atleast for some some configurations posted here on the Cisco Support Community are not formated correctly when I open them with Notepad

I then open them with Wordpad or Notepadd++ and they show up just normally

You could try to right mouse click on the file on your computer and open it with some other application rather than the default one.

Otherwise I usually see the whole ASA configuration combined into basically continuous string of text.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Atleast for some some configurations posted here on the Cisco Support Community are not formated correctly when I open them with Notepad

I then open them with Wordpad or Notepadd++ and they show up just normally

You could try to right mouse click on the file on your computer and open it with some other application rather than the default one.

Otherwise I usually see the whole ASA configuration combined into basically continuous string of text.

- Jouni

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card