cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Correct command to remove entire ACL in ASA?

ttrevino1
Level 1
Level 1

I need to remove a couple of outdated ACL's in my ASA, but when I use the command "no access-list outdated1", it says it's an incomplete command. I can't just go through and remove each line, as there are about 500 entries for each outdated acl I need to remove.

4 Replies 4

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

clear configure access-list

Please rate helpful posts.

obviously acomiskey's answer is what you were looking for, but you could have done it a different way.

when i have to do bulk edits (not deleting an entire ACL) i simply use textpad (an alternative to notepad) to do a quick search and replace...

so in your case, you could have copied the entire ACL into your fav. text editor,

and did a search for 'access-list' and simply replace with 'no access-list', then paste that back into the firewall.

again, acomiskey's solution is the obvious choice here, just wanted to let you know there are other ways.

(just make sure with bulk pastes you are using a terminal emulator that can support that sort of buffer size..hypterminal canNOT by default, and neither can the windows telnet client).

I have used notepad as you mentioned to find and replace when I've had several lines to change, and it does work very well using Putty. I was looking for a simple one line removes it all command.

Thanks for the help from both responses! :o)

That took care of it, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: