cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corrupt 501 Configuration

AEAvery
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 501 with a corrupted configuration. During the flash load, it fails with a checksum error and then starts the reload all over again, etc, etc, etc...

I have booted to the monitor mode and have attempted to upload a new configuration using a server running tftpd32, but, when I connect to that tftp server it keeps opening sessions endlessly (20-40 sessions) and they just timeout ending up with a "bad magic number" on the PIX.

Can anyone help me out to get a new config on this PIX?!?!?!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

what you are doing is the correct method. you might want to try changing your TFTP server and also are you sure you uploading the correct image version for the pix 501.

HTH, please rate it

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to change the TFTP server, however, you do need to change the image which you are trying to upload. The image is corrupt as shown by the error "bad magic number". Download a new image from Cisco.com and try uploading that to flash.

I was just thinking about my situation. Is it my configuration that is bad (as I thought) or is it the firmware that is bad? I have been trying to upload the configuration.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card