Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC-SSM app. status is frequently up and reload

Hi,

My ASA5510 with CSC-SSM-10 module is facing a problem: CSC-SSM  application status is frequently up and down and goes to a loop. I am  using the latest patch 6.3.1172.3.

Months ago, I used the 6.3.1172.2 patch and this problem didn't  happen (although it was found in the 6.3(0.0) version as reported in  Cisco Bugs website). After that, it suddenly appeared in the event logs.  I update the CSC firmware with patch 6.3.1172.3 with hope that can  resolve the error but it cannot.

As in open caveats list of this release, this error is new and related to the bug CSCtg57748.

How does this affect to my system and can we do anything to resolve this?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

mirober2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As you noticed, CSCtg57748 is not fixed yet. Currently, there does not appear to be a workaround for the bug. I would suggest opening a TAC case so the issue can be investigated and a fix can be found.

-Mike

Thanks mirober2 for replying me.

My firewall's warranty has been over and we are going to buy a new service for it. Can I still open a TAC case?

And, would you please tell me what is the affect from this problem? Should I turn back to older version firmware?

Regards,

Hello,

From what I can tell, this bug affects all code version in the 6.3 range. The bug causes the CSC module to continually reload and, as a result, traffic will not be scanned/blocked by the CSC module during this time.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card