Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CSM not support ASA5515

From CSM devices not able add ASA 5515 devices  error getting

"invalid device: the os version,number of contexts (single or multiple), and operational mode ( routed or transparent) in this configuration are not support on the hardware; ASA 5515 "

any limitation on ASA 5515 devices ?

CSM running version 4.1 , if upgrade solve the problem ?

Logs attached for reference

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Yes - you need to upgrade. 4

Yes - you need to upgrade. 4.1 was released in March 2011 and the 5500-X hardware was not introduced until 2012.

CSM 4.3 (released June 2012) or later will support the 5500-X series. (4.6 is the current release.)

Reference.

hi Marvin ,Current version

hi Marvin ,

Current version CSM 4.1 .we able add 5515-X model and other 5500-X series and 5520 model  , we facing issue on ASA5515 FW ( FW IOS 9.1.2 version )

any upgrade or patch required to support in CSM or not  support in CSM ,

I tried lot document , not able find support document  the Cisco ASA5515 model support CSM devices . any alternate way to add the devices in CSM 4.1 or later version

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Please see the reference I

Please see the reference I linked earlier.

Please rate answers as correct ad posts as helpful when that's the case. Thanks.

hi,Current version CSM 4.1

hi,

Current version CSM 4.1 .we able add 5515-X model and other 5500-X series and 5520 model  , we facing issue on ASA5515 FW ( FW IOS 9.1.2 version )

any upgrade or patch required to support in CSM or not  support in CSM ,

I tried lot document , not able find support document  the Cisco ASA5515 model support CSM devices . any alternate way to add the devices in CSM 4.1 or later version

Views
Helpful
Replies