Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CX Module ASA5585-X

I have an ASA5585-X with a CX Module (CX-SSP-20)

I want to upgrade it to version 9.3

Ive downloaded

asacx-5500x-boot-9.3.1.1-112.img

asacx-boot-9.3.1.1-112.img

asacx-sys-9.3.1.1-112.pkg

Im running version 9.2(2)4 on the ASA

The documentation says For the ASA 5585-X hardware module, you must install or upgrade your image from within the ASA CX module. See the ASA CX module documentation for more information.

Fair enough;

Theres nothing in here

I cant find that documentation anywhere (I can find documentation but none that outlines, how to upgrade the CX module in a 5585-X!!!)

none of these work

asacx>system upgrade ftp://10.0.41.100/asacx-5500x-boot-9.3.1.1-112.img
Verifying

Upgrade aborted.
asacx>
asacx>system upgrade ftp://10.0.41.100/asacx-sys-9.3.1.1-112.pkg
Verifying

Upgrade aborted.
asacx>system upgrade ftp://10.0.41.100/asacx-boot-9.3.1.1-112.img
Verifying

Upgrade aborted.
asacx>

Anyone got a clue?

Pete

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What version of CX software

What version of CX software (not ASA software) are you currently running? I ask because if you currently have 9.2(1.4) Build 5 that is actually newer than the most recent 9.3 release - currently 9.3(1.1) Build 112.

The easiest way by far to upgrade CX is via the PRSM GUI. Do you have it managed via on-box (single device) or off-box PRSM? In either case, you can find instructions for that procedure here.

I have done it on both 5585-Xs with hardware SSP and other 5500-X series with the CX software module and had good results.

Hi Marvin Thans for the

Hi Marvin

Thans for the feedback, I got it working in the end, it was a problem with my FTP software :)

ASA 5585-X Update the CX SSP Module

Pete

You're welcome Pete. Happy to

You're welcome Pete. Happy to be of assistance - especially so since I enjoy your blog posts on your site.

BTW if you're with a Cisco partner there are some good lab guides on the CX that accompany the partner training..

Hi Marvin,Cheers, nice to

Hi Marvin,

Cheers, nice to know someone visits! Yeah Im with a Cisco Parner I'll take a look on the PEC, cheers M8.

Pete

Pete - it's actually on the

Pete - it's actually on the partner community page. I will PM you a link (Partner level access required).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content