cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CX tab missing on 5515-X home screen of ASDM

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Out of the box my 5515-X CX model was showing a CX tab in the home screen of ASDM.  Before doing anything with CX I decided to upgrade the ASA and ASDM to latest version.  After I did that I lost the CX tab?!  How can I get it back?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diego,

You're welcome.

Have a look at the CX Module Quick Start guide (for setup) and the End User Guides (for configuration and operation). Those are both found on the Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services product support page here

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of ASDM are you using - 7.1(5.100)?

From the cli, what does "show module" report?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.1(4)

Device Manager Version 7.1(5)100

Mod  Card Type                                    Model      

---- -------------------------------------------- ------------------ -----------

0 ASA 5515-X with SW, 6 GE Data,      1 GE Mgmt, AC ASA5515

ips Unknown                                           N/A      

cxsc ASA CX5515 Security Appliance                ASA CX5515

Mod  SSM Application Name           Status           SSM Application Version

---- ------------------------------ ---------------- --------------------------

ips Unknown                        No Image Present Not Applicable

cxsc ASA CX                         Up               9.1.1

Thanks,

Diego

That's odd.

Those ASA and ASDM versions should work fine together. Your module is recognized and up.

Since it's brand new, a reload / power cycle might help. Otherwise I'd try the TAC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I am starting to think that maybe my ASA software is now too new for the CX version that I have.  Maybe I need to upgrade the CX to 9.2 version.

I will try the TAC but I want to educate myself on the CX NGFW stuff a bit first.  I am having trouble finding documentation for it.  Seems like all that is out there is geared towards the CX hardware module.

Do you know where I can find user and install guides for the CX software module?

Thanks,

Diego

Diego,

You're welcome.

Have a look at the CX Module Quick Start guide (for setup) and the End User Guides (for configuration and operation). Those are both found on the Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services product support page here

You were absolutely right about the documentation.  Seems like I was quick to discard it when I saw references to hardware module at the start of the document.  However if you read a little farther down there are sections for the software module as well.

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card